ENGINEERING QUALITY MANAGER
Battle Creek, MI
Janesville is one of the world’s largest producers of acoustical and thermal fiber insulation to a variety of automotive applications. Janesville is a Tier I and Tier II supplier that customers count on—across 70% of light vehicle platforms in North America—for products that are cost-effective, recyclable, weight conscious, and engineered to the highest quality standard. Janesville is part of Jason Industries; Jason is a globally diversified company comprised of four distinct manufacturing businesses that enhance end user’s comfort, safety and productivity.
The Engineering Quality Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of engineering in a manufacturing setting; including responsibility for the quality team. This role provides strategic oversight to the entirety of the engineering operation with ownership of process improvement initiatives to improve safety, quality, cost, and productivity within the operation. The Engineering Quality Manager is a collaborative leader position, responsible for seeing the big picture of the operation but also knowing the detail of the day-to-day operation.
What Makes this a Great Opportunity:
• Lead two teams (engineering and quality) of experienced engineering professionals
• Opportunity to work with an industry leader
• Daily interaction with a robust team of manufacturing professionals
• Manage all aspects of engineering and quality in a manufacturing plant
• Supervise a team of engineers, and technicians
• Own continuous improvement efforts of engineering operation through Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
• Serve as a strategic leader
• Occasional travel may be required
Your success will be measured based on:
• Improvements to the engineering operation
• Relationships with floor personnel, and internal leadership
• Positive attitude and high-energy approach
• Automotive Manufacturing Industry Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of Engineering Leadership Experience
• High-energy, collaborative leadership style
• Experience driving continuous improvement efforts in a manufacturing setting
• Proficiency with measuring tools: micrometers, calibers, gages, etc.
Desired Experience and Traits:
• Master’s Degree Highly Desirable
• Bachelor’s Degree and minimum five years of related experience
• Base salary plus bonus eligibility
• Short & Long-Term Disability
• 401(K) with company match
• Paid Time Off (Holiday, Vacation), etc.
• Complete relocation package is not available
• Preference given to candidate residing commutable distance of zip code 49037
Novo Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and recruitment services provider and does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or candidate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.
Req ID Number: ####
EEO Job Category: (2) Professionals
For Further Information Contact: