Sales Enablement Manager
Preferred cities: Austin (TX), Houston (TX), Denver (CO)
Fast-growing and highly innovative – Drilinginfo drives decision-making in the energy industry. Drillinginfo delivers business-critical insights to the global energy industry through a state-of-the-art SaaS platform built on industry-leading data and energy analytics. With a differentiated suite of products, Drillinginfo’s solutions empower exploration and production, oilfield services, midstream, utilities, trading and risk, and capital markets to be more collaborative, efficient and competitive.
Drillinginfo is currently seeking a highly driven Director – Sales Training and Development. This role will interface with internal and external functional teams to improve process, products and marketing efforts. This person will be responsible for the management of programs designed to accelerate revenue, improve overall productivity, and sales effectiveness of Drillinginfo’s customers. This position will partner with other internal groups to support multiple sales development initiatives aimed at adding value to the customer relationship and empowering their sales force with training, coaching, sales management and tracking.
What Makes this a Great Opportunity:
- Business Conditions: First of its kind and fastest growing company in the energy industry. Positioned for high growth. Plan to aggressively broaden the product mix/offerings, expand the geographic footprint and accelerate entry into adjacent market segments. Drillinginfo serves over 3,500 companies globally
- Tenured Talent and Career Development: Committed to investing in employees’ development, Drillinginfo’s work environment allows for cross-functional learning and mentoring and navigation into new roles as the company grows.
- Dynamic, fun culture: A collaborative, high energy, comfortable and social culture that believes that workplace enjoyment leads to innovation and productivity.
- Partner with Sales Leadership to identify knowledge and skills gaps across the sales team
- Determine opportunities for sales process improvement by identifying bottlenecks and process inconsistencies and conduct on-going needs assessments
- Build out and lead overall Sales development program which includes planning, creating, and coordinating training sessions on sales fundamentals, buyer knowledge, and product knowledge -delivered in on-demand, online, and in-person formats
- Coach sales team members to ensure they are achieving high levels of performance. Address issues through effective mentoring and coaching.
- Design and implement comprehensive initial onboarding and ongoing training programs with a 30-60-90-day plan for sales team members at all levels, including specific curriculum and learning paths based on the unique requirements of each role (Account Executives, Account Managers, BDR’s).
- Establish key performance indicators to track sales training program efficacy
- Work with internal teams to create and package high-value, field tools (sales playbooks, training decks, presentations, demos, calculators, competitive battle cards, etc.) - connect the dots between Marketing and Sales such that Sales is always armed with the right content with the right message at the right time
- Implement and run QBRs and a range of other Sales Events such as annual sales kickoffs, mid-year events, etc
- Identify the right third-party vendors to fill sales skill competency gaps as needed.
Travel Responsibilities: Domestic and International Travel to Canada, Europe and Asia
Your success will be measured based on:
- Assessing the sales organization uncovering challenges and obstacles and creating an internal “Go To Market” plan that will drive fundamental change.
- Assessing current tools and recommend the tool suite that will create optimal success
- Assess Human Capital and create plan for how to grow the teams for optimal success
- 5 years SaaS Sales Leadership experience
- Proven track record of working with and influencing AEs, executives, extended teams, and command respect
- Demonstrated success in coaching sales resources to deliver at very high levels of performance.
- Ability to work under pressure, highly adaptable and well organized
- Proven track record in creating, delivering, and training successfully with measurable results in fast paced environments
- Strong, detailed knowledge of software sales cycles, sales process, and sales leader coaching
- Strong ability to represent concepts, as well as summarize and communicate complex ideas into curriculum with a sense of how sales professionals think, operate and absorb training
- Deep experience in supporting sales organizations, processes, and strategy and can be a trusted advisor to sales management and operations
- In depth knowledge of the Internet, and a technical understanding of hosting infrastructure
- Hands-on experience with LMS tools and processes (Brainshark, Guru, Cornerstone, etc.)
- Experience in curriculum development, training, and delivery
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion according to deadline
Desired Experience and Traits:
- 5+ year’s in sales training and coaching with proven track record of success
- Experience in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects
- Change leadership coaching
- Big picture thought process
- Ability to influence the outcomes and behaviors of salespeople
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or Related Field
Compensation: Competitive base compensation and incentive plan
- Medical w/ HSA
- Short-Term Disability / Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) with matching program
- Volunteer Time Off
- Paid Time Off (Holiday, Vacation, Sick Time), etc.
- Preference given to candidate residing within commutable distance of Drillinginfo’s Austin, Huston and Denver offices
Novo Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and recruitment services provider and does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or candidate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.
Req ID Number: JO-1906-6372
EEO Job Category: (1.2) First/Mid-Level Officials & Managers
For Further Information Contact: