DIRECTOR OF MARKETING, OIL AND GAS
Preferred cities: Austin (TX), Houston (TX), Denver (CO)
Fast-growing and highly innovative – Drilinginfo drives decision-making in the energy industry. Drillinginfo delivers business-critical insights to the global energy industry through a state-of-the-art SaaS platform built on industry-leading data and energy analytics. With a differentiated suite of products, Drillinginfo’s solutions empower exploration and production, oilfield services, midstream, utilities, trading and risk, and capital markets to be more collaborative, efficient and competitive. As a trailblazer in the space they are dedicated to constant innovation and to providing new ways for their customers to outpace their competition and lead their respective industries.
As the leading provider of oil and gas data and technology, we partner and support the industry that's powering the world. Drillinginfo has doubled in size over the last year, acquired 10 companies and counting, positioned itself for high growth and defined a collaborative, thriving work culture where employees feel valued and directly impact the company’s success. It is no secret that employees are the key to Drillinginfo’s success and drive customer satisfaction. In turn, Drillinginfo invests in the development of their employees and finds ways to pivot them within the organization. Drillinginfo has been a leading provider of oil and gas data and technology.
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing leader that will partner with the sales and product leaders to understand their business challenges and work together to identify and drive marketing strategies for achieving revenue goals and decisions that directly impact the business. The Director of Marketing will be responsible for creative problem solving, defining revenue generating activities and driving top of funnel lead generation along with ensuring all stages of the funnel are working appropriately. Reporting directly to the VP Marketing and lead a team of integrated marketing and product marketing professionals in developing the integrated marketing plan and ensuring its flawless execution to deliver for the business. You’ll be responsible for developing talent and be a participant in the marketing leadership team, influencing the decisions that will enable the company to scale for growth. If you are an ambitious, team-focused leader this is the ideal opportunity for you.
What Makes this a Great Opportunity:
• Business Conditions: Drillinginfo works within an industry that powers the world. First of its kind and fastest growing company in the energy industry. Positioned for high growth. Plan to aggressively broaden the product mix/offerings, expand the geographic footprint and accelerate entry into adjacent market segments. Drillinginfo serves over 3,500 companies globally
• Tenured Talent and Career Development: Committed to investing in employees’ development, Drillinginfo’s work environment allows for cross-functional learning and mentoring and navigation into new roles as the company grows.
• Dynamic, fun culture: A collaborative, high energy, comfortable and social culture that believes that workplace enjoyment leads to innovation and productivity.
• Responsible for driving top of funnel for all oil & gas growth business and steering pipeline to achieve greater growth.
• Collaborates closely with sales, ensuring that the value of promotions and our solution is well-understood internally and externally to facilitate high awareness, faster sales and better customer satisfaction.
• Pushes development of growth platforms to deliver against the business vision and continued growth.
• Leads team to deliver business objectives and align priorities and resources across functions to support business strategies and initiatives.
• Direct marketing strategies around new and existing products to achieve corporate objectives.
• Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
• Works with cross-functional team to ensure delivery of high impact customer and market propositions that are deployed in line with Drillinginfo’s business strategy.
• Requires travel up to 25% travel
Your success will be measured based on:
• Traditional metrics and KPI’s attainment by group.
• However, beyond that they will be expected to define success through:
• Customer Centric: Challenging the status quo – finding ways to creatively retain and grow key relationships.
• Culture Alignment: Driving the alignment of the business, embracing change and a collaborative culture to meet strategic goals.
• People Component: Identifying and leveraging team strengths. Humbly leading from the front and by example.
• 8+ years’ experience in high-tech B2B marketing is essential, preferably software as a service (SaaS).
• 8+ years marketing planning experience with solid ability to solve complex marketing problems with creative solutions that drive results and revenue.
• Demonstrated ability to develop partnerships with sales and product leaders and collaborate to effective solutions.
• 5+ years of experience in demand generation marketing utilizing multiple outreach channels and a strong handle on funnel metrics.
• At least 5 years of Go-to-Market planning experience and/or solid SEO, blog, and product promotion experience
• Prior budget and staff management expertise and the ability to motivate and grow teams.
• Experience looking at market space competition and making recommendations; product writing, web content experience.
• Financial or trading background is a plus.
Desired Experience and Traits:
• Build amazing relationships to effectively understand business challenges and provide strategic solutions.
• Four-year degree in Marketing, Advertising, English, or related field. Equivalent experience may be substituted.
MBA is a plus.
• Remuneration includes a strong annual salary, bonus and a comprehensive benefits plan.
• Medical w/ HSA
• Short-Term Disability / Long-Term Disability
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• 401(k) with matching program
• Volunteer Time Off
• Paid Time Off (Holiday, Vacation, Sick Time), etc.
• Preference given to candidate residing within commutable distance of Drillinginfo’s Austin, Huston and Denver offices.
• Relocation package for the ideal candidate.
Novo Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and recruitment services provider and does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or candidate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.
Req ID Number: JO-1906-6371
EEO Job Category: (1.1) Executive/Sr. Level Officials & Managers
For Further Information Contact: